With good habits, your handmade jewelry should last a lifetime. Here are some recommendations to lessen the impacts of normal wear…
- Wear your jewelry often, but store it neatly when you’re not showing it off.
- To remove built-up and residue on an undamaged piece, clean your jewelry with warm water, liquid dish soap (we love Original Dawn) and a soft toothbrush.
- Take off your jewelry before any physical activities.
- Don’t apply beauty products while wearing jewelry. Oils, lotions, perfumes and other cosmetics can damage precious metal and gems, but mostly they just make them dull; apply these first.
- Remove unwanted tarnish with a polishing cloth.
- If your piece is finished in black sterling silver, remember it's natural for it to fade with frequent wear.